Surplus Management Software
Managing surplus property from acquisition through redistribution, sale, or disposal can often be a very labor-intensive, time-consuming process. However, the benefits associated with extending the useful life of assets, generating revenue, and diverting waste from landfills can be great. Whether you are tracking one facility or multiple distribution centers, AssetWorks’ Surplus Management Software (SMS) is a scalable solution that is designed to help you automate and streamline processes, making it easier to achieve both environmental and fiscal sustainability goals.
Surplus Management Software from AssetWorks includes functional modules for:
- Transfers, Receiving and Warehouse Management
- Redistribution, Sale, and Disposal
- Federal Surplus
- Reporting and Accounting
- Mobile Data Collection & Surplus Transfers
SMS enables users to get the most from their resources and track information like never before.
Use the software to:
- Improve throughput
- Minimize processing times
- Ensure regulatory compliance
- Increase productivity
- Eliminate lost items
- Improve scheduling
- Enable informed decisions
- Maximize profitability
Various levels of user access, approval processes, and a complete audit trail allow SMS users to be confident in the integrity of their data while the ability to automate the processing of day-to-day tasks creates new organizational efficiencies.
AssetWorks’ SMS is optimized for mobile use on any device running a full web-browser, including iOS, Android and Windows devices. All functions of the program can be executed using mobile devices. Specially designed mobile applications take advantage of hardware features to scan barcodes, capture images, and wirelessly sync data to the master database.
Transfers, Receiving, & Warehouse Management
From surplus transfers, to online receiving and tracking, SMS from AssetWorks includes functionality that caters to the unique needs of every organization. Email notification, customizable layout, optional approval routing and detailed audit trails maximize efficiency and eliminate delays in processing.
The Transfers, Receiving, and Warehouse Management modules include:
- Automate property transfers with easy to use online forms
- Create, approve and receive new surplus transfers in the system
- Email notifications for pickup and receipt of surplus assets
- Wireless Warehouse application to automate receiving , storage, sales and inventory
- Label printing functionality allows you to print barcode labels directly from the program
Redistribution, Sale, & Disposal
SMS from AssetWorks offers several modules dedicated to the equitable redistribution, sale and disposal of surplus property.
- Counter Sales: retail functionality for donating or selling surplus property to qualified buyers
- Live Auction: functionality to conduct and report on traditional onsite auctions
- Online Auction: integrate with leading online auction platforms to sell surplus assets online
- Web Surplus: enables eligible organizations to view contents of the surplus warehouse and submit waitlist requests online
The Federal Surplus module automates and tracks all aspects of the GSA Federal Surplus program, including:
- Integrated Form 123 processing
- GSA lot transfer, receiving and donation tracking
- Comprehensive utilization and compliance tracking
- Detailed eligibility and contact management functionality
- Over/Short, Federal Form 3040, Utilization & Compliance, Ad hoc, and standard reports
Reporting & Accounting
SMS gives users the ability to run standard reports as well as create custom and ad hoc reports using a built in report generator. Reports include:
- Federal Form 3040
- Utilization & Compliance GSA Webservice Automation
- Purchase History
Increase System and Data Security
various levels of user access, approval processes, and a complete auditable history ensure the integrity of the data being tracked
Streamline data communication
maintain all surplus asset related information in one sophisticated database, accessible by all users in real-time
Reduced learning curve
customizable fields, built in search utilities, and intuitive workflows make SMS a user-friendly system
automated workflow processes for managing surplus property from receipt through sale can save organizations time and money
multiple methods of resale, redistribution and disposal provide organizations an opportunity to generate revenue and extend the useful life of assets
AssetWorks delivers industry-leading business solutions that help asset- and infrastructure- intensive organizations control capital and operating expenditures, reduce operational complexity, and manage regulatory and policy-driven risk. Leveraging a comprehensive portfolio of software and consulting solutions, AssetWorks helps organizations work more efficiently by improving access to shared asset data, promoting greater transparency across the organization, improving service delivery, maximizing asset availability and uptime, and reducing total cost of ownership. Leveraging the latest cloud and mobile computing technologies, our asset management solutions and domain expertise help organizations eliminate waste, redundancy, and inefficiency.
Assetworks is a US corporation and a portfolio company of the Constellation Software, Inc. group of companies which trades on the TSX under the ticker symbol CSU. As a publicly traded corporation, AssetWorks is committed to promoting shareholder value by delivering quality work and solid financial results. These factors reinforce what has always been our corporate focus– putting quality first to ensure that profitability and growth will follow.