KeyValet Automated Motor Pool Solution
We Work to Manage Your Motor Pool.
Motor pools assist fleet managers to “right-size” their fleet and reduce fleet size while increasing utilization. Successfully managing a motor pool involves many aspects, including customer reservations, vehicle check-out, billing and the maintenance of the motor pool vehicles themselves. AssetWorks’ KeyValet is a comprehensive solution for all aspects of running a motor pool.
KeyValet’s motor pool software integrated with FleetFocus’ fleet management software solution makes automated processes possible that might not be available for customers using multiple systems. The benefits of using a single fleet management software and motor pool management system include cost savings from running and/or expanding a motor pool without additional staff, time savings through automated processes, greater accuracy for reporting and billing based on data collected in real-time, and improved customer service by providing a motor pool service that can be accessed 24/7. KeyValet uniquely provides a single application on a single database to manage every aspect of operating a motor pool—completely integrated with a market leading fleet management solution. Additionally, customers can rely on a single vendor to support the entire solution.
Motor pools have become an environmentally responsible option to increase ride sharing for today’s fleets. Ride sharing can also help reduce fleet expenses. AssetWorks’ KeyValet patent pending solution offers technology that makes end-to-end automated motor pool management a reality.
AssetWorks KeyValet provides:
- One single software solution to handle all aspects of your motor pool including reservations, availability management, customer notifications, dispatch, and billing
- Secure key storage for unmanned motor pool, with “smart card” options
- Online access for customers to reserve motor pool vehicles 24/7. Automated confirmation emails are sent directly to the customer with a reservation-specific confirmation code
- Real-time odometer readings and trip data from motor pool vehicles as they begin and end their trip. These odometer readings update FleetFocus in real-time reducing data entry time and errors
- Flexible configuration for vehicle assignments, such as lowest mileage, highest mileage or random
- Each vehicle uses one RF ID device that also works with AssetWorks FuelFocus, thus reducing additional hardware. (As an option, KeyValet can be configured for manual odometer entry or integrated with Networkfleet GPS integration.)
- Optional GPS Integration
- Integrated Billing, Reporting and KPI/Dashboards in FleetFocus
AssetWorks provides a total solution to manage your motor pool and maintain your motor pool vehicles.
How it Works
- A motor pool customer uses their fleet’s secure intranet to make their reservation, any time day or night.
- Once the reservation has been completed, the customer receives an automated email containing a confirmation code which allows them to access the vehicle’s key at the motor pool lot. Fleets that use smart card technology for their employees can also opt to integrate reservations with the employee’s smart card in lieu of using a confirmation code.
- Using their smart card or confirmation code, the customer is able to release the correct key from the secure key box. Only one key for their pool type vehicle can be accessed and customers can configure the system to pre-assign with parameters such as low mileage, high mileage or random.
- When the key lock box door is closed, the reservation automatically dispatches the vehicle in FleetFocus and the customer trip begins.
- Upon return of the vehicle, the odometer reading is taken wirelessly as the car enters the parking lot.
- Using their smart card, confirmation code or vehicle number to open the key box, the customer returns the keys to the designated position triggering the following events:
- FleetFocus automatically updates the reservation as “returned” using the most recent wireless meter reading.
- A completed reservation with cost summary is sent to the customer via email using FleetFocus Notifications.
- The vehicle’s mileage is updated accurately in real-time in the maintenance system.
Data from KeyValet is integrated with FleetFocus’ Business Intelligence functionality, including detailed reporting with drill-down capabilities, customizable dashboards, trend analysis, and event-driven notifications. An optional GPS integration is also available.
Customers with reservations can access the secure key box using their confirmation code or their organizations existing smart card technology.
KeyValet requires FleetFocus 6.2.1, FleetFocus Motor Pool Module, FleetFocus Motor Pool Reservations Module, and FleetFocus Notifications Module. AssetWorks always recommends customers upgrade to the latest release.