Fuel is the life-blood of any fleet or transit organization, but as a mission-critical asset, it can be difficult to manage. Unlike other consumable commodities, the price of fuel is hypersensitive to market influences. As a result, fuel is often the most significant expense incurred by fleet and transit organizations, and tracking fuel costs and consumption becomes essential to controlling the bottom line.
AssetWorks understands the challenges inherent to implementing an effective fuel and fluid management program. That’s why we offer FuelFocus, a system that supports continuous, real-time fuel management over virtually any communication platform. FuelFocus can help your organization improve accountability for metered or pulsed consumables, including gasoline, diesel, propane, CNG, LNG, hydrogen, glycol, and lubricants.
Better accountability can translate into:
- Fuel consumption savings of up to 15%
- Reductions in “shrinkage” of 10–20%
A Complete Solution
The FuelFocus system includes a sophisticated combination of hardware and software to manage consumable assets across your enterprise. FuelFocus processes the issue, receipt, and transfer of all fuel and fluid consumables, including commercially purchased fuel. When integrated with the AssetWorks FleetFocus™ line of fleet management solutions, data captured by FuelFocus (such as odometer readings and hour meters) can be validated in real-time against values stored in a single, centralized database. Integration brings a number of benefits, including:
- Greater Efficiency – Because FuelFocus is integrated with your fleet management system, all pertinent information is maintained in a single database.
- Accuracy and Consistency of Information – With a single data source, critical fleet information (e.g., vehicle information, operator information, tank capacities, authorized fuels and fluids, fuel transactions, and odometer readings) is always current. The timeliness of preventive maintenance scheduling is improved because hour-meter and odometer readings are processed and validated in a central database.
- Greater Access to Information – Access to relevant fuel consumption data is available from any workstation on the system, and vehicle maintenance data is available at the FuelFocus Island Controllers. Customization of the system enables your organization to implement a centralized or decentralized fuel management system.
FuelFocus features a modular design, incorporating built-in system diagnostics and system status lights to ensure ease of maintenance. System boards are easy to remove and replace, and each piece of hardware and software is thoroughly tested by our expert technical staff (both before shipping and during installation) to ensure proper operation. If system adjustments ever become necessary, AssetWorks guarantees prompt, reliable service.
The FuelFocus system supports several identification devices, from the latest automatic vehicle data recognition technology to manual entry keypads. FuelFocus flexibility allows your organization to support more than one authorization technology simultaneously. What’s more, your organization can upgrade its authorization technology at any time—one site at a time, with groups of related vehicles, or as new vehicles are acquired. Supported identification technologies include the following:
- RF Vehicle Identification Box
- Proximity Keys/Cards from HID, Motorola Indala, GE Security, and others
Magnetic Strip Card
- Keypad Input
FuelFocus offers flexible Island Controller configurations. The FuelFocus Island Controller is designed to be a TCP/IP online system that uses cabled, fiber optic, or wireless (no trenching) communication and also supports telephone line, DSL, and CDPD. The FuelFocus Island Controller is continuously and automatically backed up, and keeps operating during network outages. The Island Controller provides full validation of all pertinent information, such as fuel type, tank capacity, and employee ID. FuelFocus is a flexible system that can accommodate:
- 2-, 4-, 8-, 12- and 16-hose models
- Mobile truck mounts
- Unlimited numbers of fuel islands
- Unlimited numbers of vehicles and employees