Don’t be held captive by antiquated systems for reporting issues in your facility. Experience the freedom of digital work orders.
All day, you had that nagging feeling. The one the one that comes when you board a flight and you know you’ve forgotten something.
It’s the same feeling that haunted Kate McCallister in Home Alone when she realizes she left Kevin at home.
It’s a terrifying feeling.
This time, it has nothing to do with an abandoned child or a forgotten toothbrush. You know there was something at work that should have happened – but didn’t.
Then, it hits you.
Strolling into the office on Tuesday morning, you know. A phone full of desperate messages serves as an instant reminder.
A critical maintenance request form was misplaced and forgotten on Monday.
Monday morning, a 5th floor classroom flooded. Today, the mess has grown worse. The entire floor is a disaster, and flooding damaged expensive equipment.
Yesterday, the cleanup would have been simple. But, the forgotten work order fell between the filing cabinet and a desk leaving the mess forgotten.
The average office loses one of every 20 documents. Misplaced papers result in hundreds of wasted man hours and sluggish team performance.
A digital system provides a solution to the chaos of paper based work orders.
- Project Tracking – Using a digital work order system, facilities staff can update projects as they go. Managers can follow the progress and provide accurate updates to occupants.
- Easy follow up – Staff checks off work orders digitally – as they’re completed. Real time updates allow tenants to confirm project was complete.
- No lost requests – Work orders stored in a digital database eliminate the risk of lost paper requests. Digital requests reduce costly oversights caused by lost requests.
- Track completed projects – With digital records, your team can track the average time and cost to complete projects. This allows you to assess the bandwidth and efficiency of your team. The data stored in your system equips you to track efficiency improvements, or address staffing needs.
- Fewer trips to the shop – Digital request tracking prevents frequent returns to the maintenance shop. Upon completing a work order, Staff receive their next assignment on their mobile device. The direct notification allows workers to head directly to the next job site. By avoiding returns to the shop, staff can stay on task and complete more requests. This boosts productivity and prevents unnecessary delays.
Are you ready to ditch your paper based systems for a more efficient approach to work order management? Discover the power of an IWMS for your facility.