Is it really important to attend a live parking event this year?
It’s 2017, and we’re practically living in the future portrayed by George, Jane, Judy, and Elroy Jetson in the futuristic cartoon series. We don’t commute in flying vehicles just yet, but we have technology that seemed so far-fetched when it debuted on the Jetsons.
Today, video phone calls, watches with computer capabilities, and even robot vacuums are now commonplace.
With all this technology (especially telecommuting technology) in place, is it really necessary to attend a live parking event this year?
We’d like to answer that question with a resounding “yes!” While digital interactions are great, they can’t replace in-person contact.
Here are our top reasons to attend a live conference (such as ParkingWorld) this year:
Getting to know others over a digital platform is hardly the ideal means of making meaningful connections. In-person interactions with your peers in the parking community provide outstanding opportunities that are challenging over long distances.
Interactions with peers in the parking industry provide the opportunity to:
- Swap parking management ideas
- Provide and be provided with solutions to shared problems
- Exchange industry-related stories
- Meet those who can cheer you on in the field
You really can’t get the same kind of interaction over a conference call. And, let’s face it, most of the time, they’re just plain awkward, anyway.
- Meet Staff
A live parking event also provides the opportunity to meet and interact with key staff who work with the products you use daily. Conferences provide unparalleled opportunity to access staff and:
- Ask specific questions regarding the software
- Have input into future generations of products
- Gain insight into the future generations of products – directly from the creators of the products you use daily.
- Have Fun
Sure, you’ll learn a lot during these events. But, it’s not all work and no play – attending events is also fun!
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Visit a new city (or, rediscover a city you already love.)
- Participate in evening activities
- Eat great food
- Network and enjoy the new friendships you’ve forged during the week
We may be biased, but we think ParkingWorld 2017 is a great opportunity to experience a live parking event this year.
Will we see you at ParkingWorld 2017? Join us in San Antonio, Texas March 5th-7th to network, learn about best practices in parking management, and have a voice in future generations of parking products.