FuelFocus Automated Fuel Management System
FuelFocus is an automated fuel management system that supports continuous, real-time fuel management over virtually any communication platform. FuelFocus can help your organization improve accountability for metered or pulsed consumables, including gasoline, diesel, propane, CNG, LNG, hydrogen, glycol, and lubricants.
The FuelFocus system includes a sophisticated combination of hardware and software to manage consumable assets across your enterprise. FuelFocus processes the issue, receipt, and transfer of all fuel and fluid consumables, including commercially purchased fuel.
When integrated with AssetWorks FleetFocus, data captured by FuelFocus (such as odometer readings, hour meters, vehicle and employee information) is validated in real-time against values stored in a single, centralized database.
Return on Investment
- Fuel consumption savings of up to 15%
- Reductions in "shrinkage" of 10–20%
- Improve accountability for consumable assets
- Lower overall fuel expenditures
- Reduce "shrinkage" (waste and abuse) through automated fuel dispensing
- Enhance safety through monitoring of fuel storage tanks and pumps
- Address environmental concerns
- Eliminate duplicate data entry and redundant data
- Provide timely fuel consumption data
- Shorten fueling time and increase productivity
- Site Control
- Multi-tasking, multi-user, real-time operating system
- Modular Components
- Check digit for controlling prompts for Personal I.D.
- Number (PIN), odometer entry, and optional auxiliary manual entry
- Vehicle Information Box (Radio Frequency) Data
- Simultaneously controls up to 16 hoses (both fuel and fluids)
- Ability to enable/disable pump via terminal
- Loadable no-pulse timeouts per pump
- Automatic disable of pump after loadable number of consecutive no quantity transactions
- Mechanical dispenser control
- By card number
- Positive or negative file
Inventory & Pump Totals
- Maintains book inventory with loadable reorder point for up to 16 tanks
- Maintains up to 16 resettable pump totalizers
- Loadable sign on entry code for command mode
- Loadable system identification
- Personal I.D. Number (PIN) entry
- Controls access to product type
- Limits amount of fuel dispensed in a transaction
- FCC, SIRA and UL listed
Transaction Printing (Optional)
- Direct printout of transactions as they occur
- Compacted format for sending transactions to a computer
Clearing House Capability (Optional)
- On-line communication with clearing house companies to authorize transactions for fuel and credit cards use. Currently can process VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Wright Express and Voyager
FuelFocus features a modular design, incorporating built-in system diagnostics and system status lights to ensure ease of maintenance. System boards are easy to remove and replace, and each piece of hardware and software is thoroughly tested by our expert technical staff (both before shipping and during installation) to ensure proper operation. If system adjustments ever become necessary, AssetWorks guarantees prompt, reliable service.
The FuelFocus system supports several identification devices, from the latest automatic vehicle data recognition technology, to manual entry keypads. FuelFocus' flexibility allows your organization to support more than one authorization technology simultaneously. What's more, your organization can upgrade its authorization technology at any time — one site at a time, with groups of related vehicles, or as new vehicles are acquired. Supported ID technologies include the following:
- RF Vehicle Identification Box (Download spec sheet)
- Proximity Keys/Cards from HID, Motorola Indala, GE Security, and others
- Magnetic Strip Card
- Keypad Input
FuelFocus offers flexible Island Control Unit (ICU) configuration standards, enabling each ICU to be configured as a stand-alone device, as a server to the central processor, or as an on-line device on the central processor. FuelFocus also supports the following standards:
- Direct Dial-up, RS-232, TCP/IP, Radio Frequency (RF), and Cellular Digital Packet Data (CDPD)
- 4, 8, 12, and 16-hose configuration per ICU
- 4 serial ports (Host, RF/ID Option, Tank Monitor Communications, and Printer)
- Unlimited number of fuel islands
- Unlimited number of vehicle/employee IDs
- Up to nine different fuel and oil types per ICU
FuelFocus is a flexible solution that can be modified or expanded along with the rest of your fleet operations. As your needs change, FuelFocus can change with them.
Vehicle Data Collector (VDC)
FuelFocus Hardware can be configured as a VDC which can allow you to capture vital engine data and error codes and transmit it directly into the FleetFocus database without a recurring monthly charge. More information.